Postcards from the Ledge
Crushed by Golden State. Okay, not exactly crushed, but still ... wow. Even Dun-Dun's taking shots at us. -->
Over the last 10 games, the Mavs are 6-4 with a team FG% differential of minus .022. Dirk is shooting a .400 FG% over this stretch. The Mavs claim exhaustion and minor dings to Dirk have hamstrung their title run temporarily. Okay, we'll give them some wiggle-room - now just show us something over the next 9 games since you have the luxury of 30 days to stroll thru them.
A fellow Mav fan admitted to me the other day that he rarely bad-mouths Mark Cuban publicly on the internet despite often disagreeing with his Mav maneuvering. He does this because deep down he believes a chance exists that Cubes will someday recognize his genius and offer him a job in the Mav front office. Now, he's obviously kidding, mostly ... but you just know there's a sliver of truth behind his admission. This tickled me, and the more I thought about it the more I wondered what Mark Cuban would think about it. So I asked him ...
I have an NBA-fan cyber-buddy who won't say anything negative on the www about you, your NBA ownership, or your personnel management. He often disagrees with the things you do -- he just fears that you or your minions are possibly watching him and will cross him off the Mav Xmas card list if you detect evidence of any Cuban hating. You see, he harbors a deeply held fantasy that someday you will notice his genius Mav cyber-observations and invite him to join the Mavs' front-office - like a knight in shining armor riding in on a white horse to save the franchise's day.
My request to you, mostly tongue-in-cheek, is ...
... if he were standing in front of you right now, knowing what I just told you, what would you say to him regarding his fantasy and his tight-lippedness toward your Mav machinations?
About 1.5 hours later, The Benefracture replied ...
LOL. Greatness. A few things ...I read the LMF franz.... dont see a whole lot of genius on there..
But then again, Im part of the MBT, what in the world do i know :)
seriously, we have enough opinions already. thats the easy part
- What does a billionaire do on Saturday afternoons? Answers his e-mail, promptly.
- IIRC, it used to be that Cuban signed everything with a lower-case 'm' ... hmmmm, does the upper-case 'M' above indicate some kind of touchy sea-change regarding a new-found need for cyber-respect? And likewise, the lower-case 'f' in 'franz' ... have I been dissed by a billionaire?
- Billionaires ain't got time for no stinkin' apostrophes.
- Richard's 'MBT' mantra has migrated from the dusty, cactus-strewn plains of his relentless West Texas determination into the lexicon of the MBT it's own dad-burn self. LOL.
- To the mystery Mav Fan whose admission started this ball rolling - will "seriously, we have enough opinions already. thats the easy part" loosen any Cuban-hating venom held back up-till-now by fear of killing a dream career opportunity?
Found a pretty interesting article at Deseretnews.com about the 'next Yao Ming' - some dude from South Korea named Ha Seung-jin.
I found this pic and I just thought it was the bee's knees ...
Poke at own risk.